Visa for UK - Short Overview I

Updated on Saturday 18th February 2017

Rate this article
based on 2 reviews

Visa for UK - Short Overview I Image
If you wish to visit the UK for different purposes you should, first of all, apply for the necessary visa. Our immigration solicitors in London can provide you with the proper information and guidance if you want to obtain a marriage visa, a work permit or a Tier 4 student visa in the UK.

Apply for a UK marriage visa

If you intend to get married in the UK or you wish to register a civil partnership you will need a marriage visitor visa in the UK. The conditions to obtain such visa need to be considered before you apply for a marriage visa, and here we remind the following:

•    you need to be at least 18 years old;
•    you need to prepare a visit for no more than six months;
•    you need to support yourself financially during these six months, without asking for public funds;
•    you are not married;
•    you need to announce that you wish to get married or to register a civil partnership;
•    you need to show the return ticket.

Before you apply for a marriage visa, it is recommended to ask for guidance and help from our immigration lawyer in London. It is good to know that you can extend the marriage visa after six months.

Apply for a UK work permit

A work permit in the UK is necessary for overseas citizens who wish to legally work in the country. There are many work visas available for different categories of skilled workers, such as domestic workers, representatives of a foreign business, sportsmen, temporary workers, religious workers, etc. A work permit in the UK is granted if certain requirements are fulfilled, like:

•    the candidate needs to have a job offer;
•    the applicant shows the degree qualification according to the UKs’ recognition;
•    the candidate needs to have work experience in the chosen domain.

Our UK immigration lawyer can offer assistance and detailed information if you are interested in obtaining a work permit.

Apply for a UK Tier 4 student visa

If you are at least 16 years old and you have been accepted to a UK college, you should apply for a Tier 4 student visa. In order to receive such visa, you need to pass the IELTS test that shows the knowledge of your spoken and written the English language, and you will need to prove you can pay for the courses and for your stay in the UK.

It is good to know that the future students can receive a student visa with availability for the entire courses, no matter if it’s for six months or for two years. With this type of visa, you can also have a job, with about 15 or 20 hours per week, if the opportunity arises. If you wish to bring your dependants or family members in the UK, they will need to apply for the particular type of visa.

Please feel free to contact our team of immigration lawyers in the UK for additional information and assistance in this matter.


There are no comments

Please note that URLs are not allowed in the message.