Visa for Doctors and Nurses

Updated on Saturday 18th February 2017

Rate this article
based on 2 reviews

Visa for Doctors and Nurses Image

In the UK, there is a significant deficiency of doctors, nurses and associated professionals. In these conditions, special immigration classifications used to exist for doctors, nurses, and dentists, but these have been replaced by a new all-inclusive immigration structure. Healthcare workers from abroad wishing to work in the UK can do so through the UK's 5-tier points based classification, especially Tier 1 and Tier 2. Our immigration solicitors in London can offer proper information and legal assistance if you want to work as a doctor or nurse in the UK.

UK visa for doctors and nurses

Doctors are required by the UK Immigration Law to register to work in the country and to obtain a License to Practice, if they want to work as doctors in the UK and exercise various legal rights related to the profession, such as writing treatments or validating death certificates. There are three categories of registration that doctors should have prior to their arrival in the UK, depending on the part and level of obligation they will have while working in the country; Full Registration, Limited Registration and Specialist Registration. Doctors, dentists, and nurses are all required to have the appropriate enlisting with the relevant UK registration form before being capable of working in the UK. It is important that doctors and nurses are attentive regarding the detailed demands and tasks of the status they have or will seek in the UK, as there are diverse registration requests.

Work permit or Tier 1 visa for doctors and nurses

The work permit would generally be the fastest and proper choice for doctors, dentists or nurses outside of the EU who already have a job offer to migrate to the United Kingdom. Work permits are settled for the period of the contract, up to a maximum time of 5 years. The Tier 1 - General Skilled Migration visa permits non-EU citizens without a job offer to live and work in the UK. Therefore, registered doctors, dentists, and nurses without a job offer are recommended to use this UK immigration possibility. 

Please feel free to contact our immigration solicitors in London, if you want to apply for a visa for doctors and nurses or if you need immigration services in the UK.


There are no comments

Please note that URLs are not allowed in the message.