Tier 2 Visa for Employees of Multinational Companies in UK
Updated on Monday 30th May 2016
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
The Tier 2 visa for employees of multinational companies in UK, or the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa, is for employees of multinational companies who are transferred by their foreign employer to a branch of the same corporation into the UK. In order to qualify for this visa, just like other visas in UK, you must be the citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
Sub-categories of the Tier 2 visa for employees of multinational companies in UK
There are four sub-categories of the Tier 2 visa for employees of multinational companies:
1. Long term employee: if you have been working for your corporation for at least 12 months before the transfer and you are transferred to a skilled job in the UK which cannot be occupied by a local worker. This is granted for more than 12 months to maximum five years, or nine years for employees who earn GBP 155,300 a year or more.
2. Short term employee: it applies if you have been hired by your organization for at least 12 months before your transfer and you are transferred in the UK to fill a position that cannot be occupied by a local worker for a maximum time frame of 12 months.
3. Graduate trainee: if you are a new graduate recruit who is transferred to the UK branch of your corporation in order to be trained. This sub-category must not be utilized to occupy long term positions. You have to come to the UK as a participant in a structured graduate training programme with defined advancement towards a managerial or specialist position within your corporation for a maximum time frame of 12 months.
4. Skills transfer: if you are hired abroad and are transferred to the UK branch of the same corporation in a graduate job in order to obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to perform your position abroad, or to share you specialist skills to the UK workforce for a maximum time frame of six months. There is no request for being formerly employed for a minimum period in order to qualify for this sub-category.
Requirements of the Tier 2 Visa for Employees of Multinational Companies in UK
In order to be granted the Tier 2 visa for employees of multinational companies in UK, you have to meet the following requirements:
• You have to be offered a job and own a certificate of sponsorship from a corporation that is a licensed sponsor in the UK. Our immigration solicitors in London can provide you more information on this matter;
• Your UK sponsor has to follow the requirements for the category you are applying for and engage into certain responsibilities to assist with immigration control;
• You have to total a minimum of: 50 points for attributes, including having a sponsor and a valid certificate of sponsorship and 10 points for maintenance (funds).
• Even if you total the requested 60 points, if you have an immigration history for example, your application could be refused. Our immigration lawyers in UK can assist you to apply for this type of visa in order to make sure your request is accepted. If you do not qualify for this visa, you might want to apply for the Tier 2 visa for skilled workers in UK;
• You have to be at least 16 years of age at the date the application is decided.
We are qualified immigration lawyers in UK. If you have more questions, please contact us.