Solutions to Immigration Issues

Updated on Monday 19th June 2017

Rate this article
based on 3 reviews

Solutions to Immigration Issues Image
Persons who are interested in relocating to United Kingdom (UK) or those who want to receive legal advice on immigration issues may address their inquiries to our immigration lawyers in London, who can provide solutions in accordance to the respective situation. It is good to know that you can obtain help in case you are interested in applying for a work permit in UK, get married, apply for the British citizenship, or obtain asylum.

Residency in London 

Our immigration solicitors in London can offer you a wide range of solutions to immigration issues, which can be provided to persons living in the United Kingdom or to individuals who are interested in receiving a visa on British territory. The legislation related to the residency of foreign individuals living in UK changed in 2012 when the government enacted the new immigration regulations. The law has modified the length of time for which the family of a person staying in UK must live here before applying for settlement. For the persons who have received the right to reside in Londonit is stipulated that they should live here for five years before applying for settlement. The legislation is enforced for the persons who applied for the permission to stay in UK starting with 9th of July 2012; in the case of those who were granted to enter the UK before this date, the previous legislation applies. The legislation is applicable for the close family of the following: 

•    British citizens;
•    persons settled in UK;
•    refugees;
•    persons with granted humanitarian protection. 

If you want to settle in London, UK, it is advisable to receive the legal assistance of an immigration lawyer, as the legislation may vary according to your citizenship (for example, citizens of the European Union have much less restrictive regulations, as opposed to individuals living outside EU). 

Seeking for asylum in the UK

Our immigration lawyers in UK deal with numerous cases where persons ask for asylum in the country. It is good to know that immigrants who are in search of a new home and who consider their country is no longer a safe residence should comply with the requirements in this matter, in accordance with the Immigration Law in the United Kingdom. A police registration certificate, the birth and/or marriage certificate, and a valid passport need to be presented when applying for asylum in the UK. Once these documents have been accepted, the next step is to pass the interview with the immigration officer to whom complete details about your reasons for asylum in the UK need to be shared. In order to avoid any immigration issues which might occur in this process, we recommend you ask or legal support from our advisor.

Humanitarian protection for certain immigrants in the UK

The Humanitarian Protection (HP) in UK is available for all immigrants looking for a place to live, even though they did not reach the criteria to obtain the refugee status. Such persons need to be properly counseled, especially if they can face inappropriate treatments, threatening, or a death penalty in the home country. In this situation, the immigrants can request the Humanitarian Protection in the UK. Moreover, individuals who lived in the UK for at least five years under Humanitarian Protection have the right to apply for an indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Please consider that our immigration lawyers in London can properly analyze your case and can prepare a covering letter to support the application for an indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Family reunification in the UK

Our team of immigration solicitors in London also deal with cases of family reunion, where citizens from outside EU (European Union) want to reunite with the family members settled in the United Kingdom. The partners from abroad interested in a family reunification in the UK can apply for a family visa from their home country. This kind of visa is available for persons engaged with a British partner, or about to get married in the UK. Also, children under 18 can obtain such visa if they make proof they live with a single parent.

Immigration issues in London     

Our immigration solicitors in London can provide you with solutions in accordance to your immigration situation; our lawyers have an extensive experience with citizens requesting the right to reside in London, from matters related to foreign nationals interested in studying here to the issuance of work permits and visas and more complicated situations, such as legal aid for persons seeking asylum. 

If you need further information on the immigration services offered in UK, please contact our immigration lawyers in London who can provide you with legal assistance. 



February 17, 2016

I have an immigration matter regarding my family that wants to move to UK and live together with me. How can I talk to a specialist and find a solution?

Hello, you can send us your request via e-mail at and one of our immigration solicitors will answer you.

Please note that URLs are not allowed in the message.