Requests for Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain in UK

Updated on Saturday 18th February 2017

Rate this article
based on 2 reviews

Requests for Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain in UK Image
An applicant for an indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK must comply with any of the requests made by the Secretary of State on attending an interview, except the case where the applicant will provide a reasonable explanation, mentioned our immigration solicitors in London. You can rely on our immigration services and you can ask details about any type of visa you might need, in order to legally enter the UK.

Demonstrating evidence

If the UK authority representative has reasonable cause of doubt (on an interview, examination or another basis) that any of the evidence submitted, on behalf of an applicant, has been genuinely obtained then that exact evidence may be discredited for the purpose of the application.

When the above situation applies, the decision-maker can give the applicant another opportunity of demonstrating sufficient knowledge about living in the United Kingdom and of the English language, all in accordance with the 3.2 or 3.3 paragraphs of Appendix KoLL. There may also be the case where the decision-maker decides to not give the applicant a further opportunity in the above mentioned situation, where the person who makes the decision does not anticipate that any supply of further evidence might lead to a grant of leave (to enter or remain in the UK) because there might already be other reasons for why the application has been refused in first place.

In case of a limited leave

There are cases where a person holds limited leave to enter or stay in the United Kingdom. In this situation, the Secretary of State may request this person to provide additional evidence and information to the Home Office (at the address specified in the request) in 28 days since the request has been sent, and also to attend an interview. If an applicant has extant leave at the time of the decision, the remaining amount of time from that extant leave will be added to the period of the limited leave to remain granted. 

If there are any other questions regarding the requests for indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom, do not hesitate to contact our immigration lawyers in the UK.


There are no comments

Please note that URLs are not allowed in the message.