Marriage Visitor Visa for UK
Updated on Saturday 18th February 2017
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
Candidates need to apply for a marriage visitor visa in the UK if they wish to get married or register for a civil partnership in the country and also if they want to give notice of a marriage or a civil partnership in the UK. Our immigration solicitors in London can offer proper guidance, suitable information and legal assistance if you want to apply for a marriage visitor visa for the UK. It is still possible to apply for a particular marriage visitor visa which permits candidates to enter the UK to get married or enter into a civil partnership without looking for any further leave to remain.
Marriage visitor visa requirements
To be suitable for a marriage visitor visa, the following conditions must be met:
• candidates need to be 18 years or over;
• candidates must not be married;
• applicants need to visit the UK for less than 6 months and intend to leave at the end of their visit in the country;
• applicants must be able to financially support themselves without working or asking for public funds;
• candidates must give notice of marriage or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months;
• candidates must be capable of meeting the costs of return or onward voyage.
The UK immigration lawyer will help you through the entire visa process, in order to obtain suitable results.
What you can and can’t do with a marriage visitor visa for the UK
You can use this type of visa to get married or enter into a civil partnership in the United Kingdom:
• in any location licensed for this reason;
• within 6 months of your entrance.
You can’t use the marriage visitor visa to:
• bring in family members. They need to apply separately for special kinds of visas;
• live in the UK for prolonged periods through repeated visits;
• prolong your visa or change to another visa
• study for more than 30 days - studying can’t be the main purpose of your visit in the UK;
• work - except for allowed activities connected to your work or business abroad, for example, joining conferences;
• contract public funds;
If you need a marriage visitor visa for the UK, you can contact our immigration solicitors in London. You will receive proper information and legal assistance about this type of visa.