Fiance Visa for UK
Updated on Monday 25th September 2017
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
Very similarly to the spouse visa, the fiance visa for UK allows a person who intends to marry a British citizen or a permanent resident in the UK (a sponsor) to come in the country to join his/her partner. The conditions which come with such visa can be explained by our immigration solicitors in London who can also offer complete information about any other type of visa necessary to enter the UK. Furthermore, our team can assist you when applying for a work permit in UK.
Requirements for fiance visa for UK
In order to receive the fiance visa, you have to meet the following circumstances and criteria:
• the partners must have over 18 years of age;
• your sponsor planned to get married to you within six months from the date of the visa application;
• the persons must know each other previous to the date the application is made;
• they have to plan to live together permanently;
• the candidate dispose of enough funds or the partner is obliged to prove he/she is able to financially support the UK fiance visa applicant, including the dependants if any, without having to appeal to public funds;
• the couple has to prove details about an adequate accommodation at their disposal;
• the persons must have a satisfactory level of the English language unless they are citizens of certain countries;
• different from most visas of this kind, it isn’t required for the couple to prove that they have lived together.
What are the conditions of the fiance visa for UK?
Candidates are granted the fiance visa for a six-month period, during which they must come to live in the UK and get married to their partner. The fiance visa for UK doesn’t allow the candidate to work in the UK during the six months time. After getting married, the candidate has to apply for a marriage visa which, if granted, is available for 60 months, with the possibility of renewal after 33 months before the candidate is able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
Dependants of the UK fiance visa applicant
The children of the UK fiance visa candidate have to be younger than 18 years of age and they have to be named on the application. However, you have to apply for your minor dependants separately. Our immigration lawyers in UK are specialized in providing the most effective solutions for all immigration issues in this country. We can assist you with legal and objective answers in connection to the probable result of your case.
Fiance visa requirements for citizens from special countries
Besides the conditions mentioned above, there are also special requests which involve citizens from countries like Ghana, Russia, China, Thailand, India, Philippines, Kenya, Belarus, Ukraine, where a medical investigation is necessary when applying for a fiance visa for UK, including a tuberculosis test. Please consider that if the candidate for a UK fiance visa is working and living for a temporary period in another country, he/she must provide details about the work permit and the residence card in that country. If not, the foreign citizen should apply for a UK fiance visa in the home country at the British Embassy.
English language requirements for foreign citizens
Our UK immigration lawyers can provide you with details about the requirements regarding the English language when applying for a fiance visa. For instance, you must prove you speak and write in the English language by passing the English test accepted by the test providers in UK. IELTS (International English Language Test System) is a well-known test in the UK, which is available for students and also for citizens outside EU (European Union) and EEA (European Economic Area) who want to apply for a fiance visa to join the partner, a British citizen.
For complete information about how to obtain a fiance visa for UK, we recommend you to get in touch with our team of immigration solicitors in London.