Fiance Visa for UK
Updated on Thursday 09th June 2016
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
Very similarly to the spouse visa, the fiance visa for UK allows a person who intends to marry a British citizen or a permanent resident in the UK (a sponsor) to come in the country to join his/her partner.
Requirements for fiance visa for UK
In order to receive the fiance visa, you have to meet the following circumstances:
• You and your partner are over 18 years of age;
• The sponsor and the candidate have to plan to get married within six months from the date of the visa application;
• The couple have to know each other previous to the date the application is made;
• They have to plan to live together permanently;
• The candidate has dispose of enough funds or the partner is obliged to prove he/she is able to financially support the UK fiance visa applicant, including the dependants if any, without having to appeal to public funds;
• The couple has to prove they have adequate accommodation at their disposal;
• You have a satisfactory level of English knowledge, unless you are the citizen of certain countries;
• Differently from most visas of this kind, it isn’t required for the couple to prove that they have lived together.
What are the conditions of the fiance visa for UK?
Candidates are granted the fiance visa for a six months period, during which they must come to live inside the UK and get married with their partner. The fiance visa for UK doesn’t allow the candidate to work in the UK during the six months time.
After getting married, the candidate has to apply for a marriage visa which, if granted, is held for 60 months, with the possibility of renewal after 33 months before the candidate is able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
Dependants of the UK fiance visa applicant
The children of the UK fiance visa candidate have to be younger than 18 years of age and they have to be named on the application. However, you have to apply for your minor dependants separately.
Our immigration lawyers in UK specialize in providing the most effective solutions for all immigration issues in this country. We can assist you with legal and objective answers in connection to the probable result of your case. We provide immigration advice that is customized to your own personal situation. If you would like to consult with one of our London immigration solicitors, please get in touch with us.