What You Need to Do in UK if Your Sponsor Loses the Licence

Updated on Sunday 23rd July 2017

What You Need to Do in UK if Your Sponsor Loses the Licence Image
A licenced sponsor is necessary for a citizen willing to enter and work in the UK. There are cases when a sponsor loses his license, making the employee reconsider his/her status in the country. Our immigration solicitors in London are able to provide you with legal support and advice if your employer no longer has a valid licence. The same team can provide you with guidance if you want to apply for a particular type of visa for UK.

What happens if a sponsor loses his licence in UK?

Numerous citizens from countries outside the EU (European Union) or EEA (European Economic Area) enter the UK after they have applied for a job and have been accepted by a company. The sponsorship grants the legal entrance in the UK, if all the requirements in visa matters have been met. There are cases where the licence of sponsorship in the UK is suspended or the company does not consider renewing it. In this situation, foreign citizens working in that company can lose the right to stay in the UK and their certificate of sponsorship which was part of their visa application gets cancelled. Once the certificate of sponsorship can no longer be taken into consideration, a foreigner owns a limited visa for 60 days and it is suggested to apply for another type of visa, in order to prolong his/her stay in the UK in legal forms.

In special cases, overseas citizens who are the reason why a company lost its sponsorship licence, will lose their UK visa and they will be obliged to leave the country as soon as possible. If you find yourself in this delicate situation, where you can lose your right to work in the UK,  we suggest you ask for legal support from our immigration lawyers in UK.

What happens with immigrants if the sponsor’s licence is suspended?

The cases where foreign citizens arrive in the UK and find out the company where they are supposed to work has a suspended licence, do not change in these circumstances, as the individuals can start working. As for the persons who applied for a visa extension in the UK, this will be issued once the licence suspension of the company is over. Please keep in mind that if the sponsor’s business has been acquired by someone else who didn’t renew the licence, the foreign citizens working there will have a visa available for only 60 days, with the possibility of applying for an extension or a new visa if all the conditions are met.

If you want to know more details about the sponsorship certificates necessary for citizens who want to legally work in the UK, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team of immigration solicitors in London.

There are no comments

Please note that URLs are not allowed in the message.