Assistance for Corporate Immigration

Updated on Friday 15th September 2017

Rate this article
based on 4 reviews

Assistance for Corporate Immigration Image
Foreign citizens interested in corporate immigration in London should be familiar with the legislative framework in this sense. The British authorities provide several immigration visas available for corporate individuals which are awarded on a point-based system. Persons who want to apply for a corporate immigration visa can receive assistance on this matter from our immigration solicitors in London who can offer legal advice on various matters related to this subject. 

Tier 1 investor visa in UK 

One of the business visas available for individuals interested in the financial environment in UK is the Tier 1 investor visa, awarded for persons who want to invest in government bonds or in companies located in UK. In order to apply for this type of visa, the investor has to fulfill several requirements:

•    the businessman is willing to invest at least 2,000,000 pounds in an UK investment project;
•    the person is a citizen of a country situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland;
•    the age of the person is above 18 years old and his or her financial funds are kept in a regulated financial institution. 

It is important to know that a person can apply for an entrepreneur visa with minimum three months prior to the arrival in UK and an official answer on the application can be obtained in three weeks; our immigration lawyers can provide you with more information on the application procedure.  

Tier 2 intra-company transfer visa 

Another type of business visa available for foreign citizens is the Tier 2 intra-company transfer visa which can be obtained by persons who have received a job offer available in UK from their employer; this type of visa is necessary only for persons working in multinational companies who have set up a branch in UK. It is important to know that a person can apply for this visa if he/ she can meet the above-mentioned criteria, as well as the following:

•    the person is a foreign national of a country outside the EEA and Switzerland;
•    the person has received a certificate of sponsorship;
•    the individual is required to attest the fact that his/ her savings have a minimum value of 945 pounds; the rule is no longer available if the employer can certify it can provide accommodation for the first month of employment. 

Tier 2 work visa in UK

Persons interested in receiving a corporate visa can also apply for a Tier 2 general visa, which is a work visa available for persons who have received a job offer in London, UK. It is necessary to be a citizen of a state outside EEA and Switzerland and it is required to receive a certificate of sponsorship. 

Leave to enter UK as a business delegate

Individuals who are delegates or representatives of companies outside EU (European Union) or EEA (European Economic Area) can enter the UK with special visas and documents issued by the UK Immigration Office. The leave to enter the UK is an important status offered for foreign business representatives with an executive position in the company abroad, full power of making decisions and the clear intention of setting up a business in the country. It is good to know that a delegate of a foreign business can enter the UK for three years, the time in which the visa is available. We mention that this kind of document will not allow foreign delegates to bring the family members or to apply for public funds in UK. An immigration lawyer in London will explain the main conditions of a leave to enter the UK as a delegate of a foreign business and will help you prepare the documents in this matter.

Tier 2 visa for employees of multinational companies in UK

Short term employment, graduate recruits or skilled transfers are subject of a tier 2 visa for employees of multinational companies in UK. This type of visa is available for persons who received a job offer in UK and a certificate of sponsorship from the corporation interested in hiring workforce from abroad. A tier 2 visa for employees of multinational companies in UK can be issued for one year if a position in the company must be fulfilled for only 12 months, in the cases where the local staff cannot meet the requirements.

Persons who are interested in obtaining a corporate visa in UK can receive legal assistance on this matter and can contact our team of immigration solicitors in London


There are no comments

Please note that URLs are not allowed in the message.